When selling your Meridian, Idaho home, everyone wants to get the highest sales price that they can. Any home you purchase is an investment, and no successful investor is happy to lose money or break even in the end. You want to be able to upgrade with your next home, and aiming for a higher home selling price than what you purchased it for will facilitate that. Increasing your home’s potential value in Meridian, Idaho can be done in a variety of ways and on a pricing scale that ranges from economical to expensive. The things you do to increase home value will depend on how much higher you want your home selling price to be, how much time you have to get the home sold, and how much money you want to or can invest in bringing up your home's value without spending too much.
Fast and Inexpensive
Cleaning up and decluttering is just two of the simplest ways to increase home value, and they are also the most affordable things you can do. Give every room a thorough cleaning, organize the kitchen, bathroom, and home office, and get rid of clutter. Clean, simple and no distractions! You'll need to do that last one before moving, anyway, so carting off Goodwill donations first can help sell your home. According to Consumer Reports, this step alone has the potential of a 3 to 5% return. Also, do some maintenance in the bathroom, like re-grouting and caulking. That step alone can make a bathroom look like new again.
Quick and low-cost ways to boost your home value in Idaho include:
- Power-washing your home’s exterior, walkways, driveways, patios, decks, fences, etc.
- Cleaning up the yard--trimming trees and bushes and landscaping. Re-barking flower beds.
- Cleaning windows, light fixtures, replacing old light bulbs.
- Painting the front door and touchup of exterior and interior paint, especially baseboards.
- Fixing the doorbell or anything else that doesn’t work properly.
A fresh coat of paint is go-to advice most Realtors will tell you really works. If you do the painting yourself, all it will cost is the price of the paint, brushes, and other small odds-and-ends you'll need to do the job which typically saves you half or more over hiring a professional. On the inside, you don't even have to re-paint every room. Give the walls in the living room and bedrooms a good cleaning, and just paint the kitchen and bathroom. Stick to neutral shades such as light yellows, tans, or grays. On the outside, the trim might be the only thing that needs paint but keep that low-key, too.
If your house is a bit outdated and you have a little to spend This Old House lists additional fixes that increase home value and aren't too expensive:
- Updating and upgrading light fixtures
- Replacing broken tiles on the floor and countertops
- Replacing the toilet seat (if not the entire toilet)
Bigger Investments for a Higher Home Selling Price
If you have the time and the funds, you can make a bigger investment in improvements to garner a significantly higher home selling price. Upgrade the HVAC system. Consider "green" elements that will look attractive to buyers such as solar panels to help with energy costs. Install new rain gutters and/or siding. Replace windows and storm doors. Open up the floor plan by knocking out walls that divide but are non-structural.
Other investments that will be worth your while to increase home value in Idaho, according to DIY Network include:
- Instead of repairing flooring, replace it with new carpet, natural wood or engineered floors.
- Remove wallpaper and paneling
- Remodel the attic or basement to increase usable living space
- Redo the kitchen to improve the flow of the workspace and upgrade appliances
Having the right Realtor to help you know what to spend your time and money on can make all the difference in getting a higher home selling price. Stewart Realty has lots of Real Estate Appraisal experience. Let us help you know what to fix and what not to fix.
Ways we can help:
- Free in-home consultation regarding what things you should spend money to repair and what you should leave alone.
- Connect you with reputable, low cost contractors to get your work done correctly and quickly.
- Provide you with an As-Is and an As Repaired market value estimate of your property.
If you still wonder what value a good Meridian, Idaho Realtor can bring to you here is a good refresher course with all the reasons why our clients love us!
Our Premium Marketing Plan
Selling your home for the highest possible price and having a great real estate experience just really depends on hiring the Right Team. Here is how we are different?
Ø Experience: Jeff has appraised or sold more than 900 properties in the last 16 years. Experienced representation translates into a higher net sales price and overall, a better client experience.
Ø Education: Most Realtors are “Agents” and there are lots of frilly designations. Jeff is a “Designated Broker”, the most difficult of all real estate licenses to obtain in the State of Idaho.
Ø Exposure: Our highly optimized, “City Specific” webpages give your property exceptional exposure. Many of our specific “City Pages” are found on Google’s top pages of real estate search results for search phrases for Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Star, Nampa and other cities throughout Treasure Valley.
Ø Service: Jeff Stewart and Office Manager Sheri Partyka are here to serve you every day. We return your calls promptly, provide showing feedback weekly and take care of all the details to make your sale progress smoothly all the way to closing. Fire us anytime if you are not completely satisfied.*
Ø Honesty & Trust: Stewart Realty is a BBB Accredited Business with an A+ Rating. There has never been even one complaint filed against Stewart Realty with the Idaho Real Estate Commission, the BBB or anyone.
Ø Reviews: We encourage you to read what our clients are saying about us so you will have detailed examples of the level of service you can expect and will receive. Read our 5 STAR Ratings on our Google Business Page, Yelp, our BBB Profile and on our website at http://StewartRealtyllc.com/about/testimonials/ .
*Unless we already have your property under contract with a buyer.
Premium Marketing Plan - What You Can Expect When You List Your Home with Stewart Realty
Our Premium Marketing Plan substantially increases the odds of selling your home for the maximum price. You can expect exceptional, personal, one-on-one service in every stage of your transaction. You will be a "Client" under Idaho Agency Law. We will be your advocate. We offer you all this and more:
1. Professional home staging consultation to prepare your property to show at it's very best.
2. Expert market analysis using comparison of current actively listed competing properties, the latest pending sales and the most recent sold comparables for outstanding pricing accuracy.
3. Professional MLS listing with full digital photos, detailed specific property features and facts.
4. Online Virtual Tour on every property we list and Craigslist advertising that we renew each week.
5. Exposure on StewartRealtyLLC.com, Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, Homes.com & all IMLS fed websites.
6. Professional signage, flyer box and lockbox. Custom made color flyers and we keep flyers stocked!
7. Show your property to all interested clients. Agent Staffed Open Houses Saturdays when productive.
8. Monthly market review of sold and competing properties to maintain market competitiveness.
9. Represent only your interests and advise you in contract negotiations with buyers and buyer's agents.
10. Verify that the prospective buyer is qualified and capable of closing the transaction.
11. Provide all legal contracts for transaction and Brokerage Trust Account to hold buyer earnest money.
12. Schedule and provide access to all property inspectors, appraisers, etc.
13. Verify all title and escrow documents and fees for accuracy and attend escrow closing with you.
The team at Stewart Realty knows homes and they know Southwest Idaho real estate. To find out more about real estate in the Boise Region give Jeff Stewart at Stewart Realty a call to set up your personal real estate search, a personal tour of the area and find some great homes that fit your needs and budget.
Jeff Stewart, Broker/Owner 208-602-1993 or email@example.com